Join us for some competitive ladder play with a partner!
Ladder style play is a type of competition where members play matches against each other and move up and down in the ranking as they win or lose.
You will keep the same partner for the entire evening. You may partner up in three ways:
- Indicate your partner when you register. Make sure they do the same.
- Register as a single and partner up before the ladder begins. Write in “need partner”.
- Register as a single and we will partner you up with a player of similar skill level. Write in “need partner”.
Upon registration, members will indicate their pickleball rating and players will be seeded based on their rating.
You will see a drop down box indicating where you got that rating. Selection choices are DUPR, Pickleballbrackets.com, other certified rating, or self rated. We will use these fields in both ladders each week to determine starting courts. You don’t need a rating to play in any club ladder event.
If you choose to play in the Team Ladder please commit to playing the full 90 minutes between 6:30 and 8:00. If you can’t commit to the entire time we have open courts for you to enjoy.
Please sign up no later than 5:00 to guarantee your spot in the ladder. We will try to accommodate late signees but we cannot guarantee a spot.
The cost for this structured style of play will be FREE for BPC Members and $10 otherwise. Come out and play! Franklin X-40 balls will be provided.
By registering for this event you agree to the following.
RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration of participating in a Bloomington Pickleball Club, INC. Event, and for other good and valuable consideration, I hereby agree to release and discharge from liability arising from negligence.
Bloomington Pickleball Club, INC and its owners, directors, officers employees, agents, volunteers, participants, and all other persons or entities acting for them (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Releasees”), on behalf of myself and my children, parents, heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate, and also agree as follows:
1. I acknowledge that Pickleball involves known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis or permanent disability, death, and property damage. Risks include, but are not limited to, medical conditions resulting from physical activity; and damaged clothing or other property. I understand such risks simply cannot be eliminated, despite the use of safety equipment, without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
2. I expressly accept and assume all of the risks inherent in this activity or that might have been caused by the negligence of the Releasees. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate despite the risks. In addition, if at any time I believe that event conditions are unsafe or that I am unable to participate due to physical or medical conditions, then I will immediately discontinue participation.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, or my use of their equipment or facilities, arising from negligence. This release does not apply to claims arising from intentional conduct. Should Releasees or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
4. I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume and bear the costs of all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
5. In the event that I file a lawsuit, I agree to do so solely in the state where Releasees’ facility is located, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply.
6. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
By registering for this event, I agree that if I am hurt or my property is damaged during my participation in this activity, then I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the parties being released on the basis of any claim for negligence.
I have had sufficient time to read this entire document and, should I choose to do so, consult with legal counsel prior to signing. Also, I understand that this activity might not be made available to me or that the cost to engage in this activity would be significantly greater if I were to choose not to sign this release, and agree that the opportunity to participate at the stated cost in return for the execution of this release is a reasonable bargain.